Connolly Environmental was established in 1995 as a specialist contaminated soil and groundwater consultancy. Since then we have become a trusted partner to our many clients and have completed projects ranging from small and simple soil assessments to complex soil and groundwater assessment and remediation projects. We provide services to clients Australia wide and overseas.
- Manufacturing, distribution, waste management and service companies.
- Government departments and agencies.
- Municipal authorities.
- The petroleum and petrochemical industry.
- Emergency response agencies.
- Architects, construction companies and property developers.
- Property consultants and realtors.
- Financial institutions, risk managers and investors.
- Other environmental consulting firms
Our professional reputation is based on our ability to carry out quality work. We are accredited to ISO 9001:2008, and use this as an active quality tool integrated into our day to day operations.
Our ability to carry out quality work depends on:
- Our experienced, qualified staff.
- Our commitment to quality work, carried out safely.
- Our continual investment in equipment, technology and software.
- Membership and participation in a range of professional organisations.
Ongoing training is vital to ensure effective completion of all projects, and our highly qualified staff take part in regular additional internal and external professional development including:
- Regular attendance at symposia, workshops, courses and conferences.
- Attendance at briefings, seminars and conferences hosted by professional organisations of which we are members.
- Involvement in in-house seminars. These seminars are hosted by staff or guest speakers.Topics range from technical and professional development to government regulations and safety.
- Regular briefings by our legal advisors in order to keep us up to date with changes in legislation as they pertain to our business.
- Regular review of EPA and other government newsletters, publications and briefing documents.
Health, Safety & the Environment
The health and safety of our employees and all others in and around our workplace, along with a commitment to caring for the environment in which we work, are of primary importance to us. We are committed to:
- Responsible management practices which minimise the potential for adverse health, safety or environmental impacts arising from our work.
- Identifying, assessing and managing OHSE risks to a level that is as low as reasonably practicable for all activities, projects and equipment.
- Applying OHSE standards that meet or exceed relevant legislation, regulations and community expectations.
- Continually improving our OHSE performance in order to minimise the potential for work-related injury or illness and to prevent harm to the environment.
- Australian Contaminated Land Consultants Association (Victoria)
- Australian Drilling Industry Association
- Australian Industry Group
- Australian Water Association
- National Groundwater Association (USA)
We provide a team of professional and technical personnel to bring each project to a successful conclusion. Senior staff are actively involved in projects; to ensure that our experienced and qualified project personnel achieve outcomes that meet or exceed the expectations of our clients. In addition to our own staff, we have links with key specialist consultants and practitioners both in Australia and overseas. This enables us to use the expertise of external specialists where appropriate, to ensure each project is always given the experience, attention and care it needs.
Mark Connolly is Manager and Principal of Connolly Environmental. With a professional background in earth and environmental science, project management and business management Dr Connolly has executive responsibility for all projects undertaken by Connolly Environmental. Since founding Connolly Environmental in 1995, Dr Connolly has taken responsibility for ensuring that the company meets its mission of providing high quality and cost effective environmental consulting services for every client on every job.
Doctor of Philosophy, University of New England 1985
Professional experience summary
1995 to present: Manager and Principal, Connolly Environmental
1991 to 1995: Consultant then Director and Manager, Geo & Hydro Pty Ltd. Consultant project manager, business development manager then director and manager of a specialist consulting company working in assessment and remediation of soil and groundwater in Victoria, NSW and Queensland.
1989 to 1991: Director, Connolly Systems Pty Ltd
1986 to1989: Operations and project management, Cybergraphic Systems Pty Ltd
1986 to 1993: Lecturer (sessional), Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
1984 to 1986: Lecturer, Melbourne College of Advanced Education
Paul has 18 years of professional experience in contaminated land environmental consulting. An extensive fieldwork focus in the early stages of Paul Gruber's career has provided him with an excellent understanding of field procedures, drilling techniques and field equipment maintenance. His expertise includes client and project management, contaminated site remediation, environmental site assessment, groundwater assessment and investigation. He is responsible for overseeing a group of project managers and professionals, providing technical direction for both small and major projects throughout Victoria and other states.
Bachelor of Environmental Engineering (Honours), Monash University 1999
Professional experience summary
2006 to present: Senior Environmental Engineer & Team Leader, Connolly Environmental
2001 to 2006: Environmental Engineer/Project Manager, Connolly Environmental
2000 to 2001: Environmental Engineer, Connolly Environmental
1998 to 1999: Design Engineer, Ford Motor Company